Engineers at FXO Inc. are available to support your design, analysis or test phase of your projects. Every engineer at FXO Inc. has taken a project from specification to design and analysis, test development and test. Most have experience with integrating their designs onto a spacecraft. Every engineer is well versed in the best practices in design as well as the handling of electrostatic sensitive devices.
Examples of recent consulting projects:
- Troubleshoot and repair custom VME boards
for an aerospace company. These boards are used in a spacecraft
simulator. The console was designed and built in the late
1990's. I was able to program PLDs for the boards using my Data
Test, troubleshoot and repair non-flight
version of spacecraft computers that are used in spacecraft simulators
around the country.
- Converted HP BASIC software to TransEra’s HT BASIC. Replaced HP-85 with ACME Portable Computer.
- Performed unverified failure analysis on a flight computer that failed in ground test
- Tested a flight box level component on the Instrumentation Engineering Inc. MATS test station. In addition, we wrote some of the ATLAS Test Software
- Prepared FMEA on Stores Management Unit for Hawk Fighter
- Prepared Fault Tree on Stores Management Unit for Hawk Fighter
- Designed Spacecraft harness for TIROS weather satellite
- Trained engineers in the programming of MATS test equipment
- Wrote test software for automated test equipment
- Troubleshooting of Mil-Std-1750A computer used on a satellite
- Troubleshooting rack of equipment used for a spacecraft closed loop simulation
- Motorola 68020 microprocessor code development
- Wrote assembly language software to test a flight computer
- Wrote ATLAS Test programs to test the NOAA N satellite
- Created C program to renumber ATLAS code
- Troubleshoot test setup and ATLAS test software for Relay box
- Performed Extreme Value Analysis (WCA) on Harpoon Weapons System computer
- Performed Root Sum Squared Analysis (WCA) on a spaceborne microcontroller board in the gyroscope electronics
- Provided the Reliability Analysis for the doors and slides mechanisms to be used on the Airbus Industries A380 proposal
- Provided the Reliability Analysis for the Landing Gear Extension and Retraction System (LGERS), that is used on the Airbus Industries A380 aircraft landing gear.
- Performed Single Events and Effects Analysis (SEEA) for the next Mars Rover mission, Mars Science Laboratory.
- Prepared Reliability Block Diagram, FMEA and Fault Tree using Relex Software on the Airbus A380 Landing Gear Extension and Retraction Systems
- Will Program Space Qualified PROMs for space application. To Conduct Burn-In Test and post program verification tests.